[rt-pmc] Marketplace for EclipseRT

Dear RT PMC members,

Sorry for missing the call today. I was in a meeting before which took
longer then I thought.

There is one topic that I wanted to mention on the call. I investigated
the usage of Eclipse Marketplace for installing "AddOns" using p2. I
favor the usage of Eclipse Marketplace as is today because it's widely
used and already there and maintained by the webmasters. Thus, I looked
into possibilities for a smooth co-existence. IMHO it's important that
EclipseRT AddOns do not appear by default in the Eclipse Marketplace
Client that is running today in Juno and older Eclipse releases. Thus,
the API should hide them by default somehow. This likely requires some
development effort in the Marketplace API. However, I'm willing to put
some resources on this if the Foundation doesn't have the necessary
resources.

Anyway, long story short: your comments/feedback is welcome.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/385822

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht