[rt-pmc] Agenda item for 22 August

I'd like to add Java 7 testing and support as an agenda item for the 22 August RT PMC call. (I didn't bring it up today as it only occurred to me in the closing moments of the meeting.)

The background is that Virgo recently did work to support Java 7 because of Oracle's stated date for the end of support of Java 6. The only changes required were to testcases, mostly since JUnit test methods no longer necessarily run in order of declaration and this shook out some problems in certain tests. Then there was an undocumented behavioural change that impacted a test ([1]).

Given the current lack of a fully supported Java 7 on Mac OS X, Virgo continues to be developed under Java 7, including building and releasing, but we've switched all the CI slaves to use Java 7. Effectively this means that Virgo gets a full regression test on both Java 6 and Java 7.

The purpose of this agenda item is to ensure other RT projects are aware of the issues and to discuss these.

Regards,
Glyn

Back to the top