[rt-pmc] jetty and the release train

After participating on the release train for the last couple of
releases we are contemplating leaving it from here on out.  The effort
in actually being on it doesn't seem to really pay off in any way so
we are left asking ourselves why we put the effort into it.  It is not
like we contribute UI elements really, nor is there much community
interest in polishing the jetty wtp plugin and contributing that to
the release train.  There are some StarterKit thing that Jeff McAffer
and Hugues worked on but I certainly haven't seen much in the way of
interest in that, certainly not in terms of being on the release
train.  Since we have gone through the effort in producing the p2
repositorieswe have now (though I personally question their value vs
effort as well) and we have a handful of people that seem to use them
we will continue producing those which equinox should be able to
consume from for their release train.

Now this isn't a final decision on our part, I am just mentioning this
since Juno is finally out and to solicit feedback on the potential
decision.  Maybe there is some use case that we are not familiar with
that makes being on the release train compelling, but right now we
just don't see it.

cheers,
jesse

--