Re: [rt-pmc] Equinox 3.7 Indigo Release Review Document

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Toast should reveal all though I cannot vouch for the completeness of some of the project involvement.

There was some effort to get others to buy in and add their technology but there was not much traction unfortunately.  I'm more than happy to help people participate in that but can only do so much dragging ;-)

BTW, I'm thinking of timeline and am pretty sure that the Toast example project was there for Helios so is not new in Indigo. I'm happy for its mention to stay in the release review but it is not new.

Jeff

On 2011-05-28, at 5:07 AM, Thomas Watson wrote:

I don't have the details at hand for the toast demo. I am hoping for Jeff to respond to that question. Sorry for punting to you Jeff ;-)

What tooling issue are you talking about in particular? PDE supports this release already. It may not have all the UI in place for editing the new headers (e.g. Provide-Capability/Require-Capability) but the PDE tooling certainly can be used today to develop against the Equinox 3.7 framework.

Tom

<graycol.gif>Mike Keith ---05/27/2011 11:49:28 AM---Thanks, Tom. May I ask a couple of questions?

<ecblank.gif>
From:
<ecblank.gif>
Mike Keith <michael.keith@xxxxxxxxxx>
<ecblank.gif>
To:
<ecblank.gif>
Runtime Project PMC mailing list <rt-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
<ecblank.gif>
Cc:
<ecblank.gif>
Thomas Watson/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
<ecblank.gif>
Date:
<ecblank.gif>
05/27/2011 11:49 AM
<ecblank.gif>
Subject:
<ecblank.gif>
Re: [rt-pmc] Equinox 3.7 Indigo Release Review Document

Thanks, Tom. May I ask a couple of questions?

- The Toast example is mentioned on slide 9 as "demonstrating the various runtime technologies at Eclipse".
How many RT projects are represented in the example? I remember there was a discussion about this example project
but didn't see or hear about any further coordination to get other project involvement in it.

- On the tooling support issue, do you have any idea when the PDE support for this release is going to happen?