Re: [rt-pmc] OSGi Certification

Ian,

On 5/18/2011 6:18 AM, Ian Skerrett wrote:
As you might know, the OSGi Alliance has a certification program for their standards and it cost money to apply for the certification.   In the past, if I understand correctly, certification of Equinox has been done via IBM.

Moving forward the Eclipse Foundation is considering to pay for the certification.  However, we would like to understand the following:  1) which projects would like to apply for certification,

As I think Markus has indicated at the pmc meeting, ECF is interested...for Remote Services and Remote Service Admim sections of OSGi specifications.  I've added this information to the wiki page:  http://wiki.eclipse.org/RT/OSGi_Certification

and 2) are the project committers willing to commit to doing the work for the certification.

Yes.  In ECF's case...we have had access to the OSGi RSA TCK since mid-March, so this work is largely done with the 3.5.1 release.

Scott

Back to the top