Re: [rt-pmc] RT projects and standards

On 11/30/2010 8:12 AM, Jeff McAffer wrote:
Sure.  Are you thinking that these would be particular to RT or more generally applicable?

For RT PMC...particular to RT.

FWIW, currently the only RT-specific standard/spec related formal discussion is in the project charter [0] which basically enables RT projects to implement OSGi specs and "...generally applicable runtime standards (e.g., OASIS, JCP)."  There is no requirement to do so or direction to collaborate, consume, ...

Can you suggest some things that would be captured in these policies?

1) Cross-project collaboration (impls) and reuse (consumption)
2) Cross-project standards impl and consumption agreements that make it easier for consumers (of all RT projects)...e.g. to know how/where to get standards impls (via RT projects) 3) For RT projects that impl (at least OSGi) standards: some means to get TCK's etc...to verify compliance and make that compliance known to consuming community.

This would represent a start in my view.

This would be a fine topic to bring up at the PMC call (tomorrow morning)

I don't attend that call...I believe Markus K does, however. Feel free to bring up the above suggestions.

Back to the top