Re: [rt-pmc] Status of Riena and Jetty for Indigo M2 AND PMC vote

+1 ( binding but not sure it counts since I am on jetty :)
--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:23, Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To follow the procedure of the planning council we must hold an RT PMC vote to allow for the exception and approve jetty and riena for participation in the indigo release. PMC members please give your +1 for these projects. As in the past we need 3 votes to pass.

Here are my votes:

+1 for jetty
+1 for riena

Tom

----- Forwarded by Thomas Watson/Austin/IBM on 10/07/2010 11:21 AM -----

David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

"eclipse.org-planning-council" <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>

10/07/2010 08:55 AM

Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Status of Riena and Jetty for Indigo M2

> So what is the next step?

Yes, I think we should have an exception request and gain at least two votes from PC to approve the exception to allow them to continue.
I don't think there'd be any great objection to an exception in this case ... but, in my view, part of the reason to have the exception process is to gain a history ... to document if or when anyone gets a long history of exceptions.
Not to mention, if we have an exception to the exception process :) , then we'll always have the question of when to start getting more serious about it .. M3, M4, M5 ... M6?! ... so, I think we should take "once in always in" literally ... but, of course not beat anyone up for one early miss ... just document it as an exception, and help them (and others) achieve subsequent milestones.

Thanks,