[rt-pmc] Paragraph URLs

Thanks (almost) everyone for setting up their paragraph project descriptions and URL value in the project database.  The new RT page [0] is coming along.

I do have one request: Please trim your paragraph descriptions.

The point of the paragraph is to convey, in a very minimal format, the jist of your project. All the content has to do is motivate people to click on the project link to find out more. In isolation a few more lines does not hurt but in aggregate it makes the project list very long and daunting.  The paragraph text is meant specifically for aggregation in lists like we see on the new RT page.  So in an effort to manage the overall page length, I suggest that project paragraphs should render no more than ~4 lines on the RT project web page.

One of the values of this effort is that it forces you to decide what the heck your project is doing!

If you really want to have a longer paragraph description then make the first 4 lines count as I may trim excess when rendering the RT page if it starts getting too long.

Jeff

[0] http://eclipse.org/rt/testweb

Back to the top