[rt-pmc] CQ approvals

In the absence of a formal process (assuming that "everybody jumps in when they feel inspired" does not count as a formal process) the CQs do not seem to be getting discussed/approved, which kind of makes progress difficult. For example, by my count there are 16 CQ's waiting for approval for the Virgo project and 3 for the Gemini Web project. I could go through and look at each of these, but am frankly a little hesitant given that a) there may be some history that I am not aware of wrt to a particular library b) it doesn't seem quite above board for one person to go through and approve everything for a given project. Can we at least have a standing PMC meeting agenda item to look at existing open CQs waiting for approval and give everyone in the meeting a chance to look at them and state whether they think there would be any issues? This would not preclude the existing casual individual approvals from occurring, but would at least make sure that a CQ is only ever in the "waiting for approval" state for a maximum of 2 weeks (though in practice it would be much less). Thoughts?

Back to the top