[rt-pmc] dependencies revisited

I want to make use of embedded apache directory component that I wrote
a few years ago to unit test that an ldap authentication module works
in the build...I don't care one wit that its apache ds, just that I
have a ldap server that can be used in a unit test form to validate
that simple ldap authentication works...

based on the last discussions regarding hibernate and virgo...is this
something that needs officially declared and vetted through the IP
process?  if so I would honestly forgo unit testing it entirely since
the process of getting that particular bundle of goop through the IP
process would be far too prohibitively difficult

what are your thoughts on this?

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell