[rt-pmc] EclipseLink Works-With Java EE Application Servers

For completeness the EclipseLink project is requesting PMC approval for a general works-with dependency on Java EE Application Servers similar to the WTP works-with dependency (CQ 3694).

EclipseLink can be configured to run in any compliant Java EE application server making use of:
  • data sources
  • JTA transaction manager
  • JMX Mbean deployment
  • Logging
EclipseLink offers a ServerPlatform abstraction with implementations for use outside of a Java EE application server as well as a generic platform for usage within any application server. To further simplify the use within specific application servers additional platforms are included as listed here:

http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.persistence/trunk/foundation/org.eclipse.persistence.core/src/org/eclipse/persistence/platform/server/

  • CustomServerPlatform.java
  • NoServerPlatform.java
  • ServerLog.java
  • ServerPlatform.java
  • ServerPlatformBase.java
  • jboss/JBossPlatform.java
  • oc4j/Oc4jPlatform.java
  • sap/SAPNetWeaver_7_1_Platform.java
  • sunas/SunAS9ServerPlatform.java
  • was/
  • wls/
  • In addition to the generic support these vendor specific implementations offer:
    • specific JNDI names to lookup resources for JTA and JMX access
    • JDBC connection wrapper class names to un-wrap connections reflectively when required
    • Version class name to access the version of the application server for diagnostic logging purposes
    Please approve this request so we can ensure our IP Log is complete.

    Doug Clarke
    EclipseLink Project co-lead

    Back to the top