Re: [rt-pmc] Progress for a downloadable "Eclipse RT Starter Kit"

Hey Hugues,

I don;t recall what use-cases were looking to address with this.  That should directly bear on what bundles we include. Can you provide a capsule summary of what you were expecting?

In the absence of that I do still have some comments...

> - equinox/P2 headless feature:
> http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.jetty/eclipse/trunk/jetty-features/org.eclipse.jetty.p2/

- Ideally we would be able to reuse Equinox features here.  There are several that relate.  In particlur the server.p2 feature captures the majority of this content.

- We should identify a common base feature that can be used.  Then we build that up by adding Jetty, p2, ... So it would be ideal to have some common minimal Equinox base feature (o.e.osgi, DS, equinox.common, ...).

- metadata.generator is legacy and should not be included

- things like the director, extensions support, dropins, update sites, ... should be driven by use-cases.  Ideally we would NOT include these things as they are not the recommended paths.  However, if they speak to a need, then by all means.

- DS (and util) should be included in the Equinox base feature.

> - rt-p2-starter-kit:
> http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.jetty/eclipse/trunk/jetty-features/org.eclipse.jetty.p2rt.product/

- This is the EclipseRT Jetty Starter Kit right?

- With the base/building block features outlined above, the Jetty starter kit product should list (roughly) Equinox minimal base, p2 essentials, Jetty (whatever you want), other things to add on.

> - jetty-p2-starter-kit:
> http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.jetty/eclipse/trunk/jetty-features/org.eclipse.jetty.product/

- Not sure what the intended difference is between this and the other product. I mean, I see the difference but what is the usecase for this?

Jeff

Back to the top