Re: [rt-pmc] projectset plugin

I don't edit them at all. To complex with all the whacky string segments.  When the .psf needs updating I select the various projects and re-export the set. Can be less than optimal as you have to compare with the previous one to ensure you are getting only the changes you want and have everything.  That can also be good...  Anyway, it would be great to have an "editor" of some sorts. Perhaps you could work with the CSC guys and get them to contribute the code to Eclipse?  Then you won't have to add it every time...

Jeff

On 2010-04-13, at 8:46 AM, Christian Campo wrote:

I knew it was a stupid question :-). I didnt even know that export and import exists......

What I am using is a GUI based editor (rather than the plain text editor), which is this one http://vpms.de.csc.com/projectset/update

So are you editing the .psf file with a plain text editor ?

christian

On 2010-04-13, at 3:45 AM, Christian Campo wrote:

Hi RT-PMC,

I am totally aware that this is the wrong place to ask (still I am trying here first).

It seems to me that every project is currently using projectsets (.PSF files) to define the location for the projects that they are maintaining. Still the projectset plugin that allows to easily manage, load etc. these projectset files is NOT in the Eclipse SDK.

I've not experienced this.  When you get the Eclipse SDK are you saying that there is no Export > Team > Project set wizard and no Import Project Set... context menu entry on .psf files in the Project Explorer?

What project set plugin are you installing to get the function you want?

Jeff

compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt/Main
fon: 069 / 27 22 18 0
fax: 069 / 27 22 18 22
web: www.compeople.de
Vorstand: Jürgen Wiesmaier
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christian Glanz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/Main
Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56759
Ust-Ident.-Nr: DE207665352