Re: [rt-pmc] jetty packaging at eclipse-rt: status and questions

On 2010-04-07, at 11:37 PM, Glyn Normington wrote:

> Maybe Virgo has something to offer here, once it's available.
>
> Firstly, users can easily define their own "plans" referring to arbitrary bundles (and other artifacts) and deploy/manage these plans. Once Virgo is able to load from p2 repositories and Jetty etc. are available in p2 repositories, then there would be no effort required in Jetty etc. for users to launch their preferred combinations of bundles, which seems to match the CODA approach.

Great. It will be good to see how this aligns with p2. The sort of configuration that Dennis was talking about at the RT BOF is down this path using p2. You just install a p2 IU and everything needed is installed and configured.

> Secondly, Virgo provides the missing launcher and UI (shell, admin console, JMX controls, configuration, and diagnostics) in a very usable form.

Also will be great to see.  I look forward to a highly integrated and full-featured modular server development experience.

Jeff

Back to the top