Re: [rt-pmc] Version number of SMILA's first release

Hi Igor,

from my point of view it is not a problem to increase the version number to 0.7.

Jochen

###
Jochen Krause
EclipseSource
Am 02.03.2010 um 17:54 schrieb <Igor.Novakovic@xxxxxxxxxxx> <Igor.Novakovic@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Dear PMC members,

We (SMILA team) would like to publish our first release soon (in a next couple of weeks).
All major preconditions like clear IP log (http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=rt.smila), no bugs with major or higher severity, publishing of several milestones (3 so far), prepared docuware draft (will be sent to you shortly for a review) have been fulfilled.

But, before we request your approval for our first release and ask EMO to schedule a release review we need to clear one issue:
Namely, we published our three milestones till now with the version 0.5. Since last milestone was published in mid 2009 and is very stable, we now think that the version number 0.5 is an understatement and would like to publish our first release with a new version number: 0.7.
Can we do that? Are there any issues with increasing version number from 0.5 to 0.7?

Best Regards
Igor