Re: [rt-pmc] [ScalaModules] Updated creation review slides

+1 to the slides.

Given the urgent need for a 2.0 release of ScalaModules I think this is the right move for the proposal. Otherwise there would be a real risk of delaying the ScalaModules 2.0 release.

The project proposal at http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/scalamodules/ does not make it clear that ScalaModules will be continued outside of Eclipse for the 2.0 release and work will be done in parallel to get the project moved to Eclipse.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Heiko Seeberger ---02/24/2010 03:22:29 AM---Hi, After some discussions we came up with the following Heiko Seeberger ---02/24/2010 03:22:29 AM---Hi, After some discussions we came up with the following process: ScalaModules is an existing, released and well adopted projec

Heiko Seeberger <heiko.seeberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

02/24/2010 03:22 AM

[rt-pmc] [ScalaModules] Updated creation review slides

Hi,

After some discussions we came up with the following process: ScalaModules is an existing, released and well adopted project. There is an urgent need from some users for a 2.0 release in summer. This might be a little too aggressive with regard to Eclipse processes, especially the IP process. Therefore ScalaModules will be continued outside of Eclipse in order to make sure the 2.0 release can be delivered in time. We will start the Eclipse project and IP process in parallel and move completely to Eclipse as soon as possible.

Please find attached the updated creation review slides. Hereby I ask for approval to schedule the creation review.

Thanks,

Heiko Seeberger

Company:
weiglewilczek.com
Blog:
heikoseeberger.name
Follow me:
twitter.com/hseeberger
OSGi on Scala:
scalamodules.org
Lift, the simply functional web framework:
liftweb.net[attachment "scalamodules-creation-review.pdf" deleted by Thomas Watson/Austin/IBM] _______________________________________________
rt-pmc mailing list
rt-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx