Re: [rt-pmc] Re: Request for creation review approval

I think it is going to be very late to jump on the Helios train. There are really two concerns.

1) the short time period to graduate.
2) the late timing for Helios.

I think we are looking at post Helios M6 at this point. That leaves you no time to incubate and graduate APIs in Helios let alone getting the build integrated and all the CQs aligned and approved by EMO for Helios. For example, we need to figure out if the terms of the scala license is OK according to EMO etc. I think it is simply too late to get on the train at this point. I recommend you do not attempt to jump on the Helios train.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Heiko Seeberger ---02/10/2010 02:51:32 PM---Ah, and to clarify regarding accelerated graduation and rHeiko Seeberger ---02/10/2010 02:51:32 PM---Ah, and to clarify regarding accelerated graduation and relation to

Heiko Seeberger <heiko.seeberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

02/10/2010 02:51 PM

Re: [rt-pmc] Re: Request for creation review approval

Ah, and to clarify regarding accelerated graduation and relation to
Helios, please know this statement from the RT PMC (Jeff):

"... For the incubation period it can either go in the Equinox
Incubator or as a new sub-project that is in incubation mode.  The
latter is fine if there is strong commitment to graduate the function
in a short timeframe (e.g., Helios). ..."

Heiko