[rt-pmc] Exception for late participation by Riena is approved for Helios

See http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-planning-council/msg01695.html

Looks like we are approved to integrate Riena into the Helios builds. Christian, I assume you will take care of that process. Let me know if you have any issues getting integrated into the Helios build. I may not have the answers but I can point you to the folks that do ;-)

Tom

Inactive hide details for Christian Campo ---01/07/2010 04:54:44 AM---Hi Tom, yes that is an oversight and someone (thats me) iChristian Campo ---01/07/2010 04:54:44 AM---Hi Tom, yes that is an oversight and someone (thats me) is working on getting it done.

Christian Campo <Christian.Campo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thomas Watson/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

01/07/2010 04:54 AM

Re: Is Riena planning to join the Helios release train! (yes please)

Hi Tom,

yes that is an oversight and someone (thats me) is working on getting it done.

I guess the reason that I missed M4 is first that I read somewhere that since Riena was in Galileo that Riena will be automatically in Helios. The oversight was that I must provide a Riena version for M4 build in order to be on the train and not just communicate the interest of the project. Very Sorry for that.

At the time Helios M4 was we were busy creating the Riena 1.2.0 release (based on Eclipse 3.5) since we are currently on a bi-yearly release circle (Releases in June and December) for Riena. (to get more features into the hand of users)

Yes please I want to be on the Helios release train. We have our release plan ready aligned with Helios http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=rt.riena and we are currently in the process to get the build working based on Eclipse 3.6 milestones since we had it always in our mind to be part of Helios.

For the justification part (why is it important) we have quite a number of people that I know that are running projects based on Riena and consume it through p2 update sites or the Galileo repository. We have other open source projects like redView (Ekke Gentz who is also Riena committer) which are basing their work on top of Riena milestones. And we could feel the difference once Riena was in the repository (in Galileo) the first time that more people would give it a shot since they were interested in the topic that Riena is covering and updating from a global repository lowers the barrier to try it.

Anything more I need to provide or need to do, please let me know.

Very sorry that I am creating this extra effort for you.

thanks

christian

cc: riena-dev so that riena developers get informed