Re: [rt-pmc] Proposal for 'What is EclipseRT' white paper

Sorry, I had a conflicting call on Thursday and was unable to join the discussion. Another use case for RT is in the embedded space, whether using basically just the Core components or in conjunction with eRCP to provide a full GUI application framework.

                Mark

"Ian Skerrett" <ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/20/2009 02:25 PM

Please respond to
ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to

cc
Subject
[rt-pmc] Proposal for 'What is EclipseRT' white paper

All,

I would like to suggest we create a white paper that described ‘What is EclipseRT’.  Right now we have the CODA white paper that described the component oriented architectural approach.   However we don’t have anything that actually described what EclipseRT actually is?

I’d like to propose the white paper would identify 3-5 use cases on how someone could use EclipseRT.  Part of the use case would be to document how the appropriate Eclipse projects could be used.   This would hopefully give a developer some idea of how to start using EclipseRT.

For example the potential user cases could be:

1.        Creating Desktop Applications
2.        Architecting a SOA platform
3.        Developing a modular platform for enterprise applications
4.        others?

I’d like to schedule a conference call on Thursday, October 22 at 3pmET to talk about the details.  My plan is to hire a ghost writer to create the white paper and I’d like to have it done by the end of the year.

The call-in numbers will be:

U.S.  1-866-394-4146
U.S. Caller Paid:  1-480-629-1624

Participant Passcode:  874 515 514#