[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [rt-pmc] Important: New best practices for approvals
- From: Jesse McConnell <jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:00:21 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=R86hfMo/wODNGtT+MzRdgZ5fK3rFX6DS/6l0b5mulRY=; b=sKQGUHtY2J7DHzFDnbUd53OvW3mHqe0o0HYscjErY0UC3oh+3jGEkfjyuaF00OqsdO GQuu2kjKVEZ2Lpj6NkRcbBtmkcaNsg5Xxj9S793tFm2jMRchPP7ZapOg56p3hGvfhqMI GDz9lRcNjnHw8CtJD+uW6R5eTBDQ0z+Dh+NSo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=W3JgFoSaxkmm+am9ZbipUTgVAK0Pfo+TN+ald3ypOg2qY9EogH5Ad6nFKlk/FXgniI kug+XUE2dKY6PbqUHuqj1k6RzL1GwJXJ7SaI3PwNflFsgVsyuxQhTgnqcJSXNGoCKT96 Jza+PL7Sr4H0wHE0MXZ0VbWb3b6X1dr9NrXi4=
why not simply require a minimum 3 [+1] votes over a minimal 72 hour period?
On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 05:03, Jochen Krause<jkrause@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear fellow PMC members,
> In our last PMC call we agreed on somewhat stricter governance best
> practices for approvals:
> "We will avoid PMC members being the sole approver for requests/votes from
> their own project."
> That means that if a project that you are directly involved in is looking
> for a PMC approval for a CQ, a new committer, a release or any other kind of
> approval you should not be the sole approver of this request. In those cases
> where only one person approves (CQ, committers) you should abstain from
> voting. Usually approvals will happen within a week, if your approval is
> more urgent please convince another PMC member and have him approve (first).
> Jochen Krause
> rt-pmc mailing list