[rt-pmc] Important: New best practices for approvals

Dear fellow PMC members,

In our last PMC call we agreed on somewhat stricter governance best practices for approvals:

"We will avoid PMC members being the sole approver for requests/votes from their own project."

That means that if a project that you are directly involved in is looking for a PMC approval for a CQ, a new committer, a release or any other kind of approval you should not be the sole approver of this request. In those cases where only one person approves (CQ, committers) you should abstain from voting. Usually approvals will happen within a week, if your approval is more urgent please convince another PMC member and have him approve (first).

Jochen

###
Jochen Krause
EclipseSource