Re: [rt-pmc] Swordfish Release

Title: Re: [rt-pmc] Swordfish Release
Dear RT PMC Members,

since this issue cannot wait until the July 15th, I’d like to give you an update on the current state of affairs:

The Swordfish project is currently investigating the gaps/discrepancies regarding IP compliance in depth.
It turns out that most of the third party contributions that have accidentally been included in the release without proper IP clearance can actually be removed without any impact on functionality. They have been pulled in as downstream dependencies of other 3rd party libs, but are purely optional and not critical for our purposes. Fortunately, these include the ones considered critical by the IP team (cglib, staxex, stax2).

There are, however,  some contributions remaining which are needed and don’t have corresponding CQs. Odds are good that these are exclusively originating from Apache licensed projects hosted at the Apache Foundation and can probably be considered comparatively low risk.

We’re going to provide the findings of our investigation to the PMC for your attention by EOB today. If there are no objections from your side, we can further discuss the next steps here on the mailing list. If you feel that a phone conference would be more appropriate, please suggest a time and we’d be happy to accomodate.

Regards,
Oliver