Re: [rt-pmc] FW: eclipse logo

The RT Marketing page (http://wiki.eclipse.org/RT_Marketing_page) does not explicitly state this intention. It does state the following ...

Eclipse currently has an Eclipse Runtime top-level project and PMC. It is expected that all projects within this top-level project will us the EclipseRT brand on their project web site. They will also be encourage to refer to themselves 'part of EclipseRT'. Eclipse projects, outside of the Eclipse Runtime PMC, that operate as runtime application frameworks, specifically not tool frameworks, will be encourage to use the EclipseRT brand.

But this does not seem to give the impression that subprojects can use the EclispeRT logo as a basis for their own logos. I think it is a fine thing to add to the wiki as a goal. What do others think?

For the new logo proposals:

I like 12 the best. It seems to convey a sense of modularity to me. I also like the looks of 10 but I am not sure what the significance of the Saturn looking planet is. I don't have a big preference on the font used for EclipseRT but I do think the font selected must make RT stand out. For me it is all about the graphic and whether it will be a recognizable icon without the words EclipseRT. For me 12 seems to fit this requirement the best.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Pascal Rapicault ---06/10/2009 10:35:29 AM---I like #12.Pascal Rapicault ---06/10/2009 10:35:29 AM---I like #12.

Pascal Rapicault <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx>

06/10/2009 10:35 AM

Re: [rt-pmc] FW: eclipse logo

I like #12.
Do we envision these logos to be used as a base for subprojects logos? For example I'd like to have a p2 logo, and I was thinking that rather than inventing a totalling new thing, I would reuse the drawing part and tack on p2.

PaScaL

Inactive hide details for "Ian Skerrett" ---06/10/2009 11:18:46 AM---Here are some more options for the EclipseRT logo. I belie"Ian Skerrett" ---06/10/2009 11:18:46 AM---Here are some more options for the EclipseRT logo. I believe this set

"Ian Skerrett" <ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>

06/10/2009 11:18 AM

[rt-pmc] FW: eclipse logo

Here are some more options for the EclipseRT logo.   I believe this set
looks a lot more promising.

Comments/thoughts?

[attachment "ECLIPSE-LO-02a.jpg" deleted by Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM] [attachment "ECLIPSE-LO-02b.jpg" deleted by Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM] _______________________________________________
rt-pmc mailing list