Re: [rmf-dev] RMF Serialization updated (bug 376942: Third-Party Tool Extensions not handled correctly) / One test doesn't pass on hudson.eclipse.org

Hello Mark,

first, sorry for the late answer.

I added some comments below.

Best regards,
Lukas

On 09/11/2013 07:54 PM, Mark Brörkens wrote:
Hi,

this is to let you know that the implementation of the XML serialization for ReqIF has been updated in the git develop branch[1] .

RMF is able to read and write tool-extensions that are unknown to RMF: Those tool-extensions are loaded into memory and later written back to XML by means of  the generic EMF AnyType mechanism.
See org.eclipse.rmf.reqif10.serialization.ReqIF10ResourceImpl.java and org.eclipse.rmf.serialization.XMLPersistenceMappingResourceImpl.java as well as the related tests for more details.

On my local machine (mac)  all tests pass successfully. Unfortunately, hudson.eclipse.org complains about a failure in org.eclipse.rmf.reqif10.provider.SpecObjectTest.testSpecHierarchyNotificationValueChanged [2] .

Any idea why the test fails on hudson.eclipse.org? Can you reproduce that behavior on your machine?

I just checked the test. It was a mistake in the lastChanged attribute handling and the corresponding notifications. Some notifications were not propagated. I fixed it. All tests are passed now (local and on hudson): https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/rmf-nightly/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

Kind regards

Mark