Re: [rmf-dev] Decorating the images

Hi Andreas,

I was thinking about decorators for the specification editor.

I think that this could be quite useful.

 Would you think it would make sense to add Eclipse decorator functionality to private Rectangle doIndenting(GC gc, Rectangle rect, int row) {?

That depends on your requirements. :-)  To be more specific: How and where should the decorators be applied?  Just out of my head, I can think of three possible places:

(1) They could be integrated in the left margin, similar how decorators in text editors are used.
(2) We could introduce a dedicated column for decorators
(3) As an addition or replacement of the indented icons of the first column (without looking at the code, I think this where doIndenting() is drawing).

I am not partial to any of these, but we should make sure that we understand the problem.  What is the use case that you have in mind?

Best,

- Michael

--
Michael Jastram +49 (162) 274 83 94 http://jastram.de