Re: [rmf-dev] Should the RMF Core generate IDs or not?

Hi Michael,

the metamodel implementation doesn't generate the IDs. That's by design:
This makes sure, that you get the identical ReqIF data after loading and saving ReqIF files.

I think we should hook in an ID generator that creates Ids on demand.
Please create a bug for that feature.

I can take care of it. When would you like the IDs to be generated?
Does ProR make use of the IDENTIFIER or would it be sufficient to set the IDENTIFIER when saving the ReqIF model?

regards

Mark