[rmf-dev] Some questions towards RMF release

Hello Ed,

I have some questions regarding the first release of the RMF project:

- Do we have to write a Release Review for incubation releases (see http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/development_process_2011.php#6_3_3_Release_Review) ?

- We disscussed today about labeling conventions for releases. We determined the following conventions:

    - Releases label: Myy.mm (i.e. M12.01).
    - Release candidate label: Myy.mmRCx (i.e. M12.01RC1)

Please note: Our release label is simultaneously also our milestone label. As a consequence our first official release label would be: M12.01 and the label for the RCP zip product file would be: pror-M12.01-incubation-macosx.cocoa.x86_64.zip.

As you can see we have no "top level" version number like 3.7 in the eclipse project. Our "top level" version number would be simultaneously our milestone label. Is this ok?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Lukas

Back to the top