[rmf-dev] Multiple genmodels

Dear all,

We have a small problem in the structure of our project.  The short
version: We have to genmodels for the ReqIF ecore model.  One that is
part of the core, which is used to generate the model classes.  And a
second, which is part of ProR, which is used to generate the
ItemProviders.  When I was considering creating a third genmodel, I
realized that there are problems with this approach.  Specifically, this
approach does not work if the two genmodels use different base package
names.  A discussion regarding this issue on the Eclipse Forum with Ed
can be found here:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/275292/

As it turns out, this is even a problem now, without the third
genmodel.  Nirmal strongly suggested to not share package names across
plugins, and therefore we renamed the ProR packages a while ago.  But
this broke the regeneration of the ItemProviders.  This problem didn't
appear sooner, as I rarely regenerate them.

The workaround for now is to organize imports (Ctrl-Shift-O) after
regeneration, and only to regenerate those elements that changed.  But
this is no long term solution.

Any ideas, anybody?  Ed's suggestion is to use only one genmodel.

Best,

- Michael

--
Michael Jastram (http://www.jastram.de, +49 (162) 274 83 94)