[riena-dev] Possibility of widget toolkit independent of Riena.

Hello everybody,

I am totally new to Riena. What is the possibility of widget toolkit independent using reina? I found all the examples of riena are mixed with SWT, e.g., create swt widgets using riena swt ui factory in SubModuleView and then dealing with logic in view controllers using IRidgets. If I want to switch to anther widget toolkit, say SWING, JavaFX. I have to rewrite all SubModuleViews? This is not so convenient.What I would expect is that in SubModuleViews or views, we do not write any code of SWT, instead We create Ridgets directly using toolkit factory and this toolkit factory can be swt or swing through extension points. In that way, we only implement a new org.eclipse.riena.ridget.swing for a new toolkit. A step further, we could implement org.eclipse.riena.ridget.qt through jni layer as an alternative if possible. It is then toolkit independent. It would then be more clear that the business code does not depend on concrete ui toolkit. It is also a sugar for client-server application if the business code does not depend on ui toolkit. Is it possible to do it in riena or there has been an example?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Back to the top