Re: [riena-dev] Riena RCP touchscreen app challenge..

Hi again,

On 22/06/11 09:05, Campo, Christian wrote:
That was just me thinking out loud, trying to imagine what you want to do. I dont have a reference. The navigation tree is shown in a regular RCP View. Not sure how that could be made a fastview though. We havnt tried that yet and I have no experience with fastviews yet. Have you tried fastviews before.
well, my experience with fast views is using it a lot at IDE. :)
For example, when you minimize the Project Explorer View (or any other in same container) it is automatically treated as a kind of FastView, just because the container where the view is placed goes to the corner and if you click on the button that represent the view it will open it but without restore it.
The real FastView button is at the left down corner. there is a place where you can put any view as fast view...
Maybe its a good idea to open a bug for this "Make NavigationView a fastView" and then we discuss there how that can be achieved. Doesnt necessarily mean that we have a lot of ressources to implement that for you :-) but then we have dedicated thread where we can discuss the details......
I will create the issue...

Btw, I've created a little test following this simple article from Lars Vogel: http://www.vogella.de/blog/2009/09/15/fastview-eclipse-rcp/

It is really simple with a normal RCP, but I don't know Riena yet, so I can't measure...

cheers

Cristiano

Back to the top