Re: [riena-dev] Riena RCP touchscreen app challenge..

Am 22.06.2011 um 13:41 schrieb Cristiano Gavião:

> On 21/06/11 07:05, Campo, Christian wrote:
>> Hi Cristiano,
>>
>> great to hear what you are doing.
>>
>> Obviously we havnt tried a touch screen desktop point of sale before with Riena. So you have to find out for yourself how to do the virtual keyboard.
> well, I had to construct one once but using swing... I don't think that
> would be muuuch difficult do the same with swt... at least I think :)
>
>> Also not sure if the fastview thing for navigation is such a good idea. Since you cannot hover on a touch screen, its tricky to let the view fly in again, when you need it.
> You are right, we can't hover with TS. But I was thinking about some
> small button on corner that could be pressed to show the module view
> again. it is possible?
> Could you point me to some place to read about the tricky you refer?
That was just me thinking out loud, trying to imagine what you want to do. I dont have a reference. The navigation tree is shown in a regular RCP View. Not sure how that could be made a fastview though. We havnt tried that yet and I have no experience with fastviews yet. Have you tried fastviews before.

Maybe its a good idea to open a bug for this "Make NavigationView a fastView" and then we discuss there how that can be achieved. Doesnt necessarily mean that we have a lot of ressources to implement that for you :-) but then we have dedicated thread where we can discuss the details......