Re: [riena-dev] Riena RCP touchscreen app challenge..

On 21/06/11 07:05, Campo, Christian wrote:
Hi Cristiano,

great to hear what you are doing.

Obviously we havnt tried a touch screen desktop point of sale before with Riena. So you have to find out for yourself how to do the virtual keyboard.
well, I had to construct one once but using swing... I don't think that would be muuuch difficult do the same with swt... at least I think :)

Also not sure if the fastview thing for navigation is such a good idea. Since you cannot hover on a touch screen, its tricky to let the view fly in again, when you need it.
You are right, we can't hover with TS. But I was thinking about some small button on corner that could be pressed to show the module view again. it is possible?
Could you point me to some place to read about the tricky you refer?

The rest seems to be just a matter of doing it.
;-) yep... I already started to play....

So there is obviously no built-in integration for JBPM or a Rules server in Riena.
JBPM and Drools are services, probably I will install them as bundles together with Riena ones. What I'm investigating now is WHERE and in WHICH moment at Riena I will apply them...

Reading a little bit the wiki it seems that UI Filter is the peace that I will use with Drools... not sure about JBPM yet...

Keep us posted how you are doing and if there is anything that stops you from having success that we can fix in Riena.

ok, thanks
christian