[riena-dev] What happened here?

Hi Rienars,

Recently I created a new target platform for our Riena development based on eclipse 3.7M2a.

Activating this target platform lead to few compile errors which were caused by API changes in equinox/OSGi.

For example:

                public ServiceRegistration registerService(String clazz, Object service, Dictionary properties);

changed to:

                ServiceRegistration< ? > registerService(String clazz, Object service, Dictionary<String, ? > properties);

As you can see the new API uses Java generics (!) which is very good. However this change is not compatible. It is necessary to change our source code (which is not that hard).

Previously our properties parameter was a java.util.Properties  which is a Hashtable<Object,Object>  which is a Dictionary<Object,Object>. Obviously this fails now because the key type has become String.

In total there only 3 or 4 compilation bugs within Riena – not that much.

So, watch your code!

Tschüß,

Stefan

compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt/Main
fon: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 0
fax: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 22
web: www.compeople.de

Vorstand: Jürgen Wiesmaier
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christian Glanz

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/Main
Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56759
Ust-Ident.-Nr: DE207665352