[riena-dev] Riena CVS clean-up & refactoring

Hi list,

I think we could remove obsolete projects and maybe refactor the CVS
repo, to make it easy for newcomers to get started with the source.
Also helpful when using git, because you get everything all at once
(no .psf support). Details below.

- Delete 14 obsolete projects: http://bugs.eclipse.org/319912

- Move different things in CVS to their own subdirectory. This will
make obvious what is part of the Riena Runtime / what is optional /
examples / release engineering. Other RT projects such as ECF, RAP and
equinox have a similar approach. I propose the following example:

/org.eclipse.riena
  /releng               - releng stuff, features
  /runtime             - Riena runtime + tests
  /examples          - Example / Samples / Demo clients / Snippets
  /optional             - Optional Ridgets (nebula), Riena on RAP
  /tooling              - Riena Toolbox, Wizard Templates

Note that refactoring the repo will require a re-checkout from all
people on CVS. However we have so many unrelated projects thrown
together that the cleanup is worth it (IMHO). And I think since we are
after the release it may be a good time to do this.

Feedback?

Cheers,
Elias.

--