[riena-dev] GenerationalListenerList

 Hi,

In the last few weeks while we were doing a few performance optimizations I saw that we very often had the case (e.g. NavigationNode) that there was a list (e.g. LinkedList) keeping track of the listeners. In the case of notifying all the listeners, a copy of the list was created to be used by the iterator. This was done to avoid modification exceptions because the listeners could add or remove listeners. I was thinking about a solution that would avoid creating copies. And so the GenerationalListenerList was born. It is in CVS now but not yet used. It is still in a very rough form but usable. A few test cases exist but yet not covering everything.

If you are interested - have a look at it and let me know what you are thinking.

Tschüß,
Stefan

compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt/Main
fon: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 0
fax: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 22
web: http://www.compeople.de/

Vorstand: Jürgen Wiesmaier
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christian Glanz

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/Main
Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56759
Ust-Ident.-Nr: DE207665352