RE: [riena-dev] Riena + Junit4 ?

+1
I think we should switch.

Heiko

From: riena-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [riena-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stefan Liebig [Stefan.Liebig@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:10 PM
To: Riena Developers list
Subject: [riena-dev] Riena + Junit4 ?

Hi Rienars,

I would like to do a poll for switching - sometime - to the latest version of JUnit (4.8.1) - already in the orbit

A few points to mention (both good and "bad"):

 *   JUnit4 is supported by the Eclipse IDE ==> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse/Testing/JUnit4_Changes
 *   uses annotations instead of conventions - some really nice gems here, e.g.
    *   the @Ignore annotation. Tests marked with that will not be executed but got listed as ignored (they will not forgotten!)
 *   there is no longer support for the "static Test suite()" method which we use with our TestCollector :-(
However, I have created a special "Runner" that bridges this gap :-)
 *   Riena users using RienaTestCase and TestCollector should not be affected
 *   probably changes to our build "scripts" (Hudson, ..)

Thoughts + comments?

Tschüß,
Stefan

compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt/Main
fon: 069 / 27 22 18 0
fax: 069 / 27 22 18 22
web: www.compeople.de
Vorstand: Jürgen Wiesmaier
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christian Glanz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/Main
Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56759
Ust-Ident.-Nr: DE207665352