Re: [riena-dev] Example code, scattered across the riena.* namespace

Hi,

there are multiple ways really to structure a project. I think there is an idea behind the current structure and another behind the way you suggesting it.

Except for the "the-showoff-client" :-) (we dont do slashes in project names and what is a "showoff client" anyway) there is nothing wrong with your structure.

However what I see is a lot of work to restructure the thing and at the end its only of different taste.

I see nothing wrong wie having 3 distinct demo projects which seem to have vanished in your strucure and a demo is really something different than a sample. The demo is sort the complete Riena client/server scenario in one set of projects. A sample hightlights a technical aspect like rcp navigation. The example (and I agree its a synonym for sample) contains currently our playground. The thing where we have all ui stuff and components and play with them. A sample is only one slice (one technical aspect) while the example contains everything from the UI.

Snippets are really meant to be for ridgets only. We never wanted to do them for anything else. Theoretically that would be possible but I am against creating structures that dont have a usecase.

So my vote would be to keep the current structure for now until the pain gets bigger and we have a clearer understanding how to structure the existing code and not leave out all the theorectical aspects.

I agree that all this should be written down somewhere......

thats entirely my fault

christian campo