Re: [riena-dev] RienaDefaultLnf considered harmful ?

Am 16.02.10 07:18, schrieb Stefan Liebig:
My personal favorite is a), it is:
- explicit
- safe

+1
A first look at the usage of the getXXXSetting without default parameter shows that sometimes a default will be applied by the calling code sometimes not causing an NPE if not defined.
So, a question arises: Is it an error if a setting has not been defined?

if a setting has not been defined there should always be a fallback to a default
from my POV its not an error, but I would log a warning

ekke
Tschüß,
Stefan