[riena-dev] Hunting bugs in unit test that depend on the extension registry

Hi,

We have several unit tests testing components that rely on the extension registry. The tests can add extensions/extension points via a "plugin.xml" and remove them by their id - somehow asymmetric but the IExtensionRegistry does yet not over a better API for this use case. The problem that we see is that tests succeed when run locally within Eclipse as a JUnit-Plugin test but fail when run in Hudson. It seems that the extension registry behaves differently. To track down the problems I have committed an ExtensionRegistryAnalyzer which can dump the registry to system.out for manual inspection and can provide snapshots of the registry which can be compared against. The comparison of the after/before snapshots is made for each unit test to check whether a test does not restore the registry properly which could cause unwanted effects for other tests.

Tschüß,
Stefan

compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt/Main
fon: 069 / 27 22 18 0
fax: 069 / 27 22 18 22
web: www.compeople.de
Vorstand: Jürgen Wiesmaier
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christian Glanz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/Main
Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56759
Ust-Ident.-Nr: DE207665352