[riena-dev] a little vote on Riena 2.0

Hi everyone,

we are planning the 1.2.0.RC1 for friday and RC2 for the following friday. The question is when should we branch so can start on working for Riena 2.0 on the head. Up until monday I thought it would be good to branch on RC1 on friday, yesterday I changed my mind (RC2) only to change it back again today (RC1).

A branch always means that we have to fix bugs in both branches until the release is out. However it also means that we can start adding new stuff that is currently coming like the new controller testing (currently only available as patch) and commit it into CVS. We can also start work a little on RAP related issues :-), start on changing urgent API issues. Branching on RC2 will probably also mean that we wont get many commits for Riena 2.0 this year (which isnt very long anyway)

Riena 2.0 will also rather sooner than later have to be based on Eclipse 3.6.

Any thoughts in the committer space about when to branch ?

christian

Back to the top