From: Denis Roy <denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:39 AM
Subject: [eclipse.org-committers] Major pserver CVS change soon
To: eclipse.org-committers@xxxxxxxxxxx

Folks,

In order to provide a better CVS service to committers, anonynous
pserver CVS will be served from a shadow copy of the live CVS data
starting December 11/2009.  This means that pserver CVS will not be in
perfect sync with SSH CVS.  This change is required to solve/mitigate
two distinct problems:

1. Anonynous CVS (pserver) can lock files for long periods of time.
Tagging large trees may be difficult.
2. Numerous pserver connections can generate noticeable disk activity,
thus making SSH access slower.

EXCEPTION: anonymous pserver CVS from within the Eclipse.org firewall
will remain unchanged (ie, it will be served from the live data).
This includes dev.eclipse.org itself, build.eclipse.org, and all the
project vservers.

Please note that we're not trying to make it more difficult to access
pserver CVS.  We simply want to ensure that anonymous requests do not
block committer operations.

Please see http://bugs.eclipse.org/293355 for more information, or to
discuss the issue.

--