Re: [riena-dev] Disable navigation view

There is a sample in the Riena called "org.eclipse.riena.sample.app.client.rcpmail" with the launcher "Mail Sample (RCP UI)". It shows how to get an RCP UI and still use the ridgets.

You talk about what you dont want to use. I am not sure what you WANT to use. Is it ridgets, is it the separation of controller and view. Its obviously not the navigation concept which we believe make Riena clients stand out.

So separation of controller and view is something that is either controlled and supported by Riena if you use the navigation tree. Then each node has a view and a controller associated and you get that separation for free. Since you dont want to use the navigation tree, you either have to put view and controller in one class, you still able to use Ridgets. Or you have create controller and view instances separatly by yourself as you can do in regular Riena.

So it would us to understand what parts of Riena you like to use beyond RCP and then I can give you an answer....

christian