[riena-dev] ImageStore

hi rienaers,

just had a discussion about Riena's ImageStore with Eike Stepper (CDO)
after he read my blog
http://ekkescorner.wordpress.com/2009/07/07/galileo-enter-the-twilight-zone-between-target-platform-runtime-and-ide-development/
where I used the ImageStore as an example how to use SWTDesigner at DesignTime and at RunTime

I'm using Riena's ImageStore because I'm using Riena and of course I want to manage resources from one point

for me the use of ImageStore is easy, just provide the path to my icons and then I only need to know the name of an icon to use it
works easy

Eike asks me WHY Riena developed an own ImageStore with an extra plugin.xml markup and not uses programmaticable image-cache/registry

I dont know the history and the reasons of some design decisions riena did,
so perhaps someone can shed some light on it

thx

ekke
--

ekke (ekkehard gentz)