Re: AW: [riena-dev] Unused Stuff in org.eclipse.riena.ui.ridgets -- was Re: Ok to remove IMatrixRidget?

+1 to what Carsten said :-)
Am 30.04.2009 um 11:32 schrieb Drossel, Carsten:

Hi Elias,

thank you for making this list! Very helpful! Most of this stuff appears to be leftovers of Rienas predecessor that got migrated but a) is not needed for or already exist on the RCP/SWT platform or b) is not yet implemented for Riena. For both cases I agree that we should remove the unused stuff now. We can add the b)-cases again once they are implemented - now they are only confusing users and unnecessarily constraining the development.

I wonder how:

org.eclipse.riena.ui.uibinding.* - 6 intefaces and classes

made it on the list. The 6 files in this package are still used and should not be removed. :-)

But I can confirm that everything else is unused:

IActionCallback
IComboEntryFactory
ICursor
IMatrixRidget
IMenuFactory
IMenuSeparator
IMenuSpacer
IRadioButtonRidget
IStatuslineProcessRidget
ITabbedPaneRidget
ITabbedPaneRidgetListener
IWindowClosingPolicy
IWindowListener
org.eclipse.riena.ui.ridgets.tree.* - 25 interfaces and classes
org.eclipse.riena.ui.ridgets.treetable.* - 7 interfaces and classes
org.eclipse.riena.ui.util.* - 2 intefaces

Stuff from the packages "tree" and "treetable" is used only in deprecated methods elsewhere except that the interface IObservableTreeModel is returned by the method ITreeRidget.getRidgetObservable() which is not yet deprecated. But this deprecation was obviously just overlooked since the return type IObservableTreeModel is already deprecated. So I think it is ok to remove these two packages.

Following that it would be cool if the package "tree2" could be renamed to "tree" but I think this would break to much now...

Greetings,
Carsten