Re: [riena-dev] Interface not visible from class loader!

Hi Olaf and Rieners,

Also, you should see the OSGi manifest entry:

Dynamic-ImportPackage: *

What this does is tell the classloader for the bundle that contains this markup (e.g. the Riena Hessian bundle I expect) that it should look for a class in every exported package within the current runtime. As long as the proxy interface class is exported, the hessian proxy factory code would then find it. You can scope it by package if you wish.

Scott

Olaf Fricke wrote:
Hi Yau, hi Christian,
I found another solution for the classloading issue, the does neither need the buddy definition nor the dependency to org.eclipse.riena.communication.core. To find such a solution, I had to dig into the code that throws the java.lang.IllegalArgumentException. The reason for that exception is that the HessianProxyFactory tries to construct a new java.lang.reflect.Proxy instance. Because Hessian does not know better, it gives the current context classloader to to javas reflection classes. That classloader is the ContextFinder of Equinox. When loading classes, the ContextFinder searches for the first class of an non-internal bundle on the callstack and delegates the classloading to that bundle. This bundle is the com.caucho.hessian bundle and that bundle does indeed know nothing about any concrete service interfaces. My first try for a solution was to give the classloader of the interface class to the rienaHessianProxyFactory (by calling endpoint.getServiceInterfaceClass().getClassLoader(). This appoach failed too, because Hessian tries to bind the Proxy instance to another interface, too (com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianRemoteObject). Too make this interface visible to the bundle that contains the service interface, you can add a dependency to com.cauche.hessian. I tried this and it worked. But that appoach would require that each api bundle is dependend of hessian, which is no good idea. Instead, I looked for another solution and detected that the bundle that creates the service proxy (for example org.eclipse.riena.communication.sample.pingpong.client.config) knows both interfaces, because is has indeed dependencies to com.cauche.hessian and to the service interface. The remaining task was to find a way to give the classloader of that bundle to the rienaHessianProxyFactory. Therefore I added the following code to the class org.eclipse.riena.internal.communication.factory.hessian.RemoteServiceFactoryHessian, to be able to get the current execution stack: // copied from org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader
    static final class ClassContext extends SecurityManager {
        // need to make this method public
        public Class<?>[] getClassContext() {
            return super.getClassContext();
        }
    }
@SuppressWarnings("unchecked") public final static ClassContext CLASS_CONTEXT = (ClassContext) AccessController.doPrivileged(new PrivilegedAction() {
        public Object run() {
            return new ClassContext();
        }
    });
In the method RemoteServiceFactoryHessian.createProxy(RemoteServiceDescription endpoint) I replaced the line Object proxy = rienaHessianProxyFactory.create(endpoint.getServiceInterfaceClass(), uri, classLoader);
with the following code:
      // determine the classloader for the class that called the factory
      Class<?>[] classContext = CLASS_CONTEXT.getClassContext();
ClassLoader classLoader = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader(); for (int i = 1; i < classContext.length; i++) { // starting at 1 is required due to the inner class
          Class<?> clazz = classContext[i];
if (clazz != null && clazz != this.getClass() && clazz != RemoteServiceFactory.class && clazz != ProxyFactory.class) {
                    classLoader = clazz.getClassLoader();
              break;
          }
      }
Object proxy = rienaHessianProxyFactory.create(endpoint.getServiceInterfaceClass(), uri, classLoader); The main idea is to lookup the first class from the callstack that does not belong to the proxy creation and give the classlaoder of that class to Hessian. I tried my solution on the PingPong sample and it worked without the buddy definition and without a dependency from the pingpong.common bundle to the org.eclipse.riena.communication.core bundle. Best regards,
Olaf