Von: riena-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:riena-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Christian Campo
Gesendet: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 13:39
An: Riena Developers list
Betreff: Re: [riena-dev] org.eclipse.riena.ui.filter

Hi Elias,

ui.filter is currently in the evaluating phase. So its no way finished
or even working. Thats the reason its not in riena.client yet. So we
playing with some ideas which is what Thorsten and Erich are doing in
this filter project.

What is UI.Filter ? Its meant to be a mechanism to apply a "filter"
onto a controller under a certain condition. So a filter will contain
a set of things like added validation, changed markers, modified
ranges for validations and a number of filters can then be applied to
a controller view pair. Use case is authorization "make these fields
hidden or readonly if user has these rights" or a point in your
workflow, "if you have modify the customer record coming from the
order processing we have to make birthday a mandatory field".

Goal is that you can apply AND UN-apply a number of "filters" to a
controller / view combination. Unapply means to take back the changes
this filter did, leaving the changes from the other filters intact.

So a very tricky topic and it will take some time to have a better
understanding how that will all work.

But filter is expected to be a multipurpose foundation for a number of
usecases.....

christian