[riena-dev] Re: Riena Widgets :: Code Snippets

Hi Jose,

contribution does not require a qualification. Committers are proposed and voted by from existing committers in contrast. Everyone can contribute.

Its still our choice as committer to put the contribution in the Riena code base since its then also then our obligation to maintain it.

I think what you should do is first find out for yourself how that feature request should be addressed. Riena is open source and so you can look at the code, import it into your workbench and add functionality for editable table cells. A good starting point is looking at the existing Ridgets and how they are implemented. I think we have fairly good javadoc but little documentation beyond what is in the code and in the testcases. Of course you can ask questions about particular aspects of the code.

After you are done or before you are starting you should open a bugzilla request, describing the features request. As a contributor you must then create a patch that adds this functionality to Riena codebase and which also includes some kind of testcase for this new feature.

Be aware that this is nothing that you do between lunch and diner. It will take some of your time.

And BTW, the riena-dev mailing list is for the committers and contributers and people interested in the development of Riena (open to everyone). The Riena newsgroup is more focused on users of Riena, so it will contain error reports and people asking to use a certain aspect of Riena.

Its pretty uncommon to post everything in both channels, so please pick either one but only one depending on the topic for your questions, comments etc.

christian campo