[riena-dev] Navigation extension points

Hi,

I just noticed (and used) the navigation extension points:

	* NavigationNodePresentation.exsd
	* WorkAreaPresentation.exsd

Two suggestions to help developers use them:

* consider adding information to the schema files, indicating which
attributes are required and which are optional. (Open in schema editor;
Select attribute; Use: {optional, required}). Currently everything is
optional, but I don't think this is intentional.

* consider filling in the documentation info. This will be picked up by
the editor in the plugin.xml when hovering over the attributes. It will
also be available as a "reference document". See link below for an
sample reference document. Extension points without documentation are
hard to use.

http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/refe
rence/extension-points/org_eclipse_ui_views.html

Kind Regards,
Elias.

PS: If you need more info see link and feel free to ask me.

http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/topic/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/guide/to
ols/editors/schema_editor/editor.htm

Back to the top