[riena-dev] ECF remote services provider based upon Riena

Greetings,

I would like to create an ECF remote services provider, based upon Riena. We have recently done this with j-SLP and r-OSGi (i.e. created ECF discovery API and remote services API providers), and I think as some of us have discussed on the newsgroup, it would be helpful to both projects to also do this with the relevant communication parts of Riena.

If any of the Riena team would like to work on this together, I/we would welcome this, of course.

One benefit for Riena of this work would be the immediate availability of some examples/other apps using the ECF discovery and remote services APIs.e.g. http://eclipseecf.blogspot.com/2008/02/discovery-and-access-for-remote-osgi.html and others.

To make this workable, though, I have some mundane requests: Are there plans for creating a project set file for the core/communication bundles of Riena? Are/will there be javadocs for the bundles now in the riena CVS area? Are there library dependencies that are also needed to build the Riena bundles?
Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top