[recommenders-dev] FYI: release review materials for 2.3.0

Hi recommenders-dev,

I'd like to draw your attention to the release review materials for
2.3.0 [1], which we intend to contribute to Mars.2. (please note: the
materials state that "This release is part of Neon", but it will *also*
be part of Mars; this is just a technical limitation of the review page).

The big improvement that warrants the bump in the minor version is a new
Snipmatch feature: You can now create snippets which apply to arbitrary
files (e.g., *.xml files), a feature whose development has kindly be
sponsored by Alte Oldenburger AG. See the sections marked "coming soon"
in the manual [2] for more about this feature.

Of course, all bug fixes of the 2.2.x set of releases will also be part
of 2.3.0.

For now, you can fetch the latest 2.3.0 milestone from our milestones
update site [3], but of course it will also be part of Mars.2 RC1 soon.
Test well!

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1]